I’m resurrecting Friday Finds! Here’s a collection of things that I found interesting from the week–happy reading and weekend!
- 20 unexpected pictures of Andre the Giant, including one with this kind of wonderful quote: “I don’t like to speak badly of people. I have grown up being told that if you cannot say something nice about someone, you should not say anything at all. But I must break that rule in this case because I hate Hulk Hogan very much. He is a big ugly goon and I want to squash his face.”
- Asher has brought so many things into my life, but of particular note is his borderline-encyclopedic knowledge of dinosaurs. Apparently it’s infectious, because I actually made some kind of awkward happy noise when I came across this Nat Geo article about reconstructing dinosaur battles. If you like paleontology, archaeology, or Dinosaur Train, you will like this.
- A beautiful post about the importance of being eccentric from my friend Rob.
- Gorgeous portraits of Pigeons. I’m serious.
- This video of Yo-Yo Ma and dancer Lil Buck is weird and wonderful:
- I haven’t thought about American Eagle or its sister company Aerie in many years, but I saw their new ad campaign featuring real models that haven’t been photoshopped. Their hashtag is #aeriereal with the tag line, because the real you is sexy. It’s a small step, but considering they have the ear and eyes of the tween-teen set, it’s a move in the right direction. It still bums me, and likely you, out that this is revolutionary.
And on a person note, we’ve had a snowy week, but more than that, it has been COLD. Dreaming of warm mornings and green leaves, but still having some fun in the snow in the meantime.
2 thoughts on “Friday Finds”
You are gonna laugh. I forgot Andre the Giant was a real person. I thought it was going to be illustrations.
Ruth, you’re right, that made me laugh! 🙂